Minecraft cheats and commands
Minecraft cheats and commands
Minecraft cheats and commands you can use to change difficulty level, mine with a single click, get unlimited experience, don’t take damage and alter many elements in your world to make things a bit easier!
Turning on cheats in Minecraft : Java edition
When you are creating a new world you must follow these steps:
- Click Singleplayer and then Create New World.
- On the options page click Allow Cheats: ON.
- Click Create New World in order to generate your world and then enter it.
- Once your world is generated press the slash key (/). This will pull up the cheat menu.
- Now type the cheat command of your preference.
If you want to enable cheats in a world you have already created then follow the steps below:
- Open the game menu and the select Open To LAN.
- Then click Allow Cheats: ON.
- Click Start LAN World. This will allow you to enter Minecraft cheats and commands.
How to enable Minecraft : Bedrock Edition cheats and commands.
- First you must Create a New World.
- Scroll down in the game settings menu and select Activate Cheats.
- Once your world is generated press the slash key (/) or right D-pad on Xbox and Playstation consoles to bring up the cheat menu.
If you want to enable cheats in a world that you have already created then follow these steps:
- Press Esc key on your keyboard, or start / options button on your controller in order to pause your game.
- Select Settings and scroll down to the cheats section and select Activate Cheats: ON.
Warning: Enabling cheats will disable all achievements for the current world.
Minecraft shortcut cheat codes
Here are some quick commands to use, instead of typing player names use the following shortcodes:
- @s = yourself.
- @p = the nearest player to you.
- @a = all players in your world.
- @e = all entities in the world.
- @r = a random player.
Useful cheats and commands
- /help <CommandName> : Get information about a command.
- /kill [your player name or another player] : kills your player or the player you have specified.
- /instantmine : One click mining with any tool.
- /experience add <player> <amount> : adds the specified experience points the player of your choice.
- /summon <creature or object> : instantly summons a creature or object of your desire.
- /tp [player name] <x y z> : teleport the specified player to the exact coordinates you have entered.
- /give <Player name> <Item> <Amount> : Gives another player an item from your inventory.
- /gamerule keepInventory true : Don’t lose your items upon dying.
- /seed : Lets you find your current world’s seed code.
- /difficulty <level> : Choose the difficulty level from peaceful, easy, normal and hard.
- /freeze : Stops mobs or creatures in their tracks.
Damage cheat commands
- /itemdamage : Weapons no longer degrade.
- /waterdamage : Turn water damage on or off.
- /falldamage : Turn fall damage on or off.
- /firedamage : Turn fire damage on or off.
More useful Minecraft cheats and commands
- /weather <type> <duration> : Sets the weather type from clear, rain,or thunder and the duration in seconds.
- /time set <value> This will set the world game time. Input 0 for Dawn, 1000 for Morning, 6000 for Midday, 12000 for Dusk, and 18000 for Night.
- /instantplant : Watch a planted seed grow instantly.
- /atlantis : Raises the world’s water level, submerging everything except very tall mountains.
- /gamemode <type> <player> : Choose gamemode from spectator, survival, creative or adventure for you or another player.
- /ride : Make the creature you are looking at into a mount.
- /duplicate : Copies and drops the item you have equipped.
- /gamerule doDaylightCycle false : Turn off the day – night cycle. Replace false with true to activate again.
- /gamerule mobGriefing false : Enemy mobs cannot destroy blocks. Replace false with true to reactivate.
Related: The Sims 4 Cheats.