Games that support Konami Code
The Konami code was first used in 1986 shoot’emup Gradius for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). After entering the sequence using the controller when the game was paused the player received all available power-ups. KONAMI CODE: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A. For Playstation 4 input↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → O X.
Sometimes depending on the game or platform, the code might require an additional “Start” button press at the end of the sequence. The Konami code became widely recognized due to its inclusion in several popular Konami games, most notably the “Contra” series, where entering the code would grant the player extra lives.
List of games that support the Konami Code.
- Operation C (GameBoy)
- BeatMania (GameBoy)
- Raging Fighter (GameBoy)
- Nemesis (GameBoy)
- TMNT Fall of the Foot Clan (GameBoy)
- Contra (NES)
- Crisis Force (NES)
- Gradius (NES)
- Gradius 2 (NES)
- Gyruss (NES)
- Life Force (NES)
- Kid Clown (NES)
- Tengen Tetris (NES)
- Top Gun: The Second Mission (NES)
- North and South (NES)
- Zombie Nation (Famicom)
- Cosmic Epsilon (Famicom)
- Gradius III (SNES)
- Batman Returns (SNES)
- Final Fight 2 (SNES)
- International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (Super NES)
- The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (Super NES)
- Pop’n Twinbee (Super NES)
- Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventure (Super NES)
- Mortal Kombat 3 (SNES)
- Fighters History (SNES)
- NBA Give-N-Go (SNES)
- Smart Ball (SNES)
- TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project (NES)
- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)
- Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchuu (Super Famicom)
- Boktai : The Sun is in Your Hand (GBA)
- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
- Wario Ware (GBA)
- Gradius Galaxies (GBA)
- Konami Collector’s Series: Arcade Advanced (GBA)
- Deadly Arts (Nintendo 64)
- International Superstar Soccer 64 (N64)
- International Superstar Soccer 98 (N64)
- Nagano Winter Olympics ‘98 (N64)
- Gradius Gaiden (Psone)
- International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (Psone)
- Goemon: Shin Sedai Shumei (Psone)
- Detana TwinBee Yahho Deluxe Pack (Psone)
- Nagano Winter Olympics ‘98 (Psone)
- Death Jr. (PSP)
- Death Jr. 2: Root of Evil (PSP)
- Hellboy: The Science of Evil (PSP)
- Contra: Shattered Soldier (PS2)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (PS2)
- Silent Hill 3 (PS2)
- Frogger’s Adventures: The Rescue (PS2)
- Flame of Recca: Final Burning (PS2)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)
- MLB Power Pros (PS2)
- Detana TwinBee (PC Engine)
- Ordyne (TurboGrapfx-16)
- Detana TwinBee Yahho! Deluxe Pack (Saturn)
- DrumMania (Arcade)
- Gradius (Arcade)
- Frogger (Xbox 360)
- Hayate the Combat Butler (Nintendo DS)
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
- Rave Master( Nintendo Gamecube)
- MLB Power Pros (Wii)
- REFLEC BEAT plus (iOS)
- Rocket Knight (Steam, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network)
- Silent Hill Homecoming (PS3, 360)
- Zone of the Enders (PS2, PS3, Xbox 360)
- Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360)
- Contra Anniversary Collection (PS4, Switch, STEAM)
Operation C (Gameboy) : All Codes must be input at title screen when “Operation C” is fully shown.
Extra 9 Lives: Up (x4), Down (x4), Left (x4), and start (or + on Switch).
Sound Test: Up, Down, Left, Right, start.
Stage Select: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, X, O, X, O, and start.
30 Lives: At the Title screen press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.
Sound Mode (Japan version): At the title screen, press and hold the A and B buttons simultaneously and push start.
Steal life from player two: If you die in a two player game, hold down A and B simultaneously.